About the Farm Credit System
The Farm Credit System supports rural communities and agriculture with reliable, consistent credit and financial services today and tomorrow.
Farm Credit is a nationwide network of customer-owned financial institutions that provides loans and related financial services to U.S. farmers and ranchers, farmer-owned cooperatives, rural homebuyers, agribusinesses and rural infrastructure providers.
As customer-owned cooperatives, Farm Credit institutions are governed by the customers they serve and have a specific mission to support rural communities and agriculture – in good times and bad. Farm Credit loans help U.S. agricultural producers feed the world, rural businesses grow and the rural economy thrive. Our infrastructure lending helps bring clean water to rural families, modern telecommunications to help rural businesses compete and reliable energy to rural communities.
Farm Credit’s mission remains just as vital today as it was when we made our first loan more than 100 years ago.
For more information on Farm Credit's mission to support rural communities and agriculture with reliable, consistent credit, today and tomorrow, watch and download the following:
- Farm Credit 101 - A one-page overview of Farm Credit
- Farm Credit’s history, its mission and its customers
- Farm Credit’s mission of service to rural communities and agriculture
- Farm Credit Builds Financial Strength to Support Rural Communities and Agriculture
- Farm Credit's Commitment to Young, Beginning and Small Farmers
- Portfolio Diversification Helps Farm Credit Support America's Farmers and Ranchers in Challenging Economic Cycles
Farm Credit by the Numbers
Number of Loans at Dec. 31, 2016
Farm Credit Customers Nationwide
- $253 Billion
Total Loan Volume at Dec. 31, 2016
- $12.2 billion
New Loans to Small Farmers and Ranchers in 2014